homework wb 30.3.20
- Build up spellings from roots
- Today should have been RE day, so have a look at some of the RE activities I've put on - we are preparaing for Easter and thinking about the resurrection.
- Have a go at designing your own 'Happy' newspaper or 'How to be Happy' scrapbook - send me your favourite page and I'll create a new 'Happy' page. If you have any messages for your friends, I can also put them up here.
- I have also attached some really cool science stuff for you to have a look at, but please CHECK WITH YOUR PARENTS / CARER BEFORE YOU DO ANY SCIENCE WORK - you will need their help for safety!
- I hope you got on well with homophones spelling last week. This week, we are looking at the ETYMOLOGY of prefixes. We have talked before about how different parts of teh English language originate from different countries. Your task this week, is to investigate some of them. Fill in the chart below, using membean (I have attached a link)- I have done the first one for you.
prefix meaning/origin use in a word use in a word use in a word bi two (latin) bicycle biped binary trans
pro aqua tele anti super circum semi auto extra aero
Harry Potter work:
If you haven’t seen / read Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone, see if you can get hold of it (with your parents’ permission). Alternatively, you can read chapter 4 here:
Why not havae a go at making a character from your book out of papier mache:
- pully aactivity plan p2.png
- pully activity plan.png
- pully activity.png
- science project page 1.png
- science project page 2.png
- The Rosalind Franklin ExoMars Rover.pdf
- Spend 30 minutes reading something - a book, a newspaper, a magazine etc. Make sure that you don't always read the same material though - try and mix it up;
- Spend 15 minutes on Read Theory. Email me if you have forgotton your password;
- Spend 15 minutes practising time tables. This can be on the computer, or you can find a creative way of practising them - write a song, make a poster then hide parts, match up questions with the answers, design a game etc.;
- Spend 15 mins a day on spellings
- Spend 15 minutes on mathletics - go over the basics or skills that you know you need to practise. Again, let me know if you forget your password;